Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Privacy and Data Collection and Usage Policy
This policy sets out how we collects, uses, discloses, transfers and stores your Personal Information (as defined below). COOKKA shall be known as "The Company" in the policy as listed below. We are committed to protecting your privacy. The Company may share your Personal Information and use it in the manner and for purposes which are consistent and in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore. We may combine your Personal Information with other information for the purposes of providing products and services to you, improving our products, services, content as well as advertising related activities. For more information regarding the act, please refer to Personal Data Protection Act 2012
Collection of Personal Information
In general, we may collect, use, disclose, transfer and store any information you enter on our website or give us through various means:
a. Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including but not limited to, your email address);
b. Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including but not limited to, your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational and employment details);
c. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including but not limited to, your name and email address);
d. Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use);
e. Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address and credit card information);
f. Information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and data associated with the communication);
g. any other Personal Information that you choose to send to us;
h. Information during purchasing including but not limited to, your name, NRIC/passport details, contact numbers, address, e-mail, and contact preferences;
How your Personal Information are being used:
The Company will use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- in providing you with the products and services you have requested
- in administering our website and business
- in managing your account, including processing bills and providing travel notifications
- in completing payment to 3rd party vendors for the bookings which you have made with us
- in communicating with you in general
- in responding to your questions and comments
- in allowing us to contact you for customer service, if necessary
- in measuring interest in and improving our products, services and website
- in notifying you about promotions and related products and services that may be of interest to you
- in customising your experience on our website
- in rewarding you as part of any reward and recognition programmes and/or competitions organised by our company you choose to join
- in resolving disputes, collect fees, or troubleshoot problems
- in preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- in enforcing our Terms and Conditions when you make a purchase with us
- as otherwise notified to you at the point of purchase
Credit Card Information
We use your credit card information for the purpose of completing the purchases which you made with us.
We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of promotions with us. One way we do this is by sending marketing messages to you through email, sms, fax or post that contain information about your interests and special offers which are available with us. Please note that you can withdraw your consent for us to send marketing messages to you.
Who do we share your Personal Information with:
We may share your Personal Information with the following 3rd parties, some of whom are located overseas, and as a result, may require us to transfer your Personal Information overseas:
- We may share your Personal Information to any of our employees insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- 3rd party suppliers such as delivery providers and installers, who fulfil your purchase with us. Please note that these 3rd party suppliers may contact you as and when necessary to obtain additional information about you in order to facilitate the purchases which you have made through us.
- 3rd party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys and/or contest programmes and fraud detection and prevention. We may also authorise 3rd party vendors to collect Personal Information on our behalf, including such as necessary to operate features of our Platforms or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. 3rd party vendors have access to and may collect Personal Information only as needed to perform their functions and are strictly not permitted to share or use the Personal Information for any other purposes.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. If you choose to receive information about these products or services, we may share information about you, including your Personal Information, with those 3rd party partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services.
- We will only disclose your Personal Information with your consent (whether implied or expressively) and will take reasonable steps to ensure that the 3rd parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Information and are also legally bound to protect the privacy of your Personal Information.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- Where disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, governmental or other regulation or the requirements, orders, directions, instructions or notices of any regulatory authority or legal processes.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights and property of the Company
- Where disclosure is needed for any emergency purposes whether locally or abroad.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programme and special deals.
If you wish to opt out, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.